About The Firm
At Diamond & Diamond, P.A., our firm focuses on family law, so our lawyers take the time to get to know our clients, understand their legal needs and become familiar with their special situations. We treat each client with dignity and respect. We focus on quality legal representation, attention to detail and communicating with our clients. We take the time to understand the challenges that our clients face.
To learn more about the individual backgrounds and qualifications of our attorneys, please click the biographies below.
Our Distinguished Record Of Family Law Representation In New Jersey
In addition to all spectrums of New Jersey divorce matters, we practice the following areas of family law in New Jersey:
- Divorce and related matters
- Child-related issues
- Gay and lesbian divorce and family law
- Premarital agreements, as well as cohabitation agreements
- Domestic violence problems
- Arbitration and mediation
With more than 50 years combined family law experience, it’s easy to see that Diamond & Diamond, P.A., is the smart choice when you find yourself in need of a family law attorney.
Why Hire A Certified Matrimonial Attorney?
The family law attorneys at Diamond & Diamond, P.A., are experienced litigators and mediators and are admitted to practice at the trial, appellate and Supreme Court levels. Managing partner, Richard S. Diamond, has been practicing family law in the New Jersey courts for over 38 years. He is one of the very few lawyers throughout the state of New Jersey to be designated by the New Jersey Supreme Court as a certified matrimonial attorney.
An attorney must meet the following requirements to become certified by the Supreme Court:
- Member in good standing of the New Jersey State Bar Association for at least five years
- Has taken a specific number of continuing legal education courses in the three years prior to filing an application
- Demonstrates substantial involvement in preparation of litigated matters
- Demonstrates an unblemished reputation by submitting a list of attorneys and judges who will attest to the applicant’s character and ability
- Passes a written examination covering various aspects of practice in the designated specialty.
Proudly Serving Northern New Jersey
We frequently represent clients in the family courts in these counties: Essex, Union, Somerset, Morris, Hunterdon, Monmouth, Bergen, Hudson, Passaic, Middlesex and Ocean counties.